I did not get that message and several people I know who were laid off (company shut down and laid us all off in July), did not get that message either. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. FYI all, just received LWA payments of $300 for 6 weeks ($1800) deposited to my PUA credit card this morning. Example (Exhausted PUA claim balance): Charlene exhausted her PUA benefits on 12/12/2020 and has a zero claim balance. You won't be able to file more weeks on Gov2Go. Hope this helps some that I see are confused about why they can't file on Gov2Go this week. She could not tell me when anyone would be receiving payment either. Does he need to do something? This bill created the temporary Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, which provides unemployment insurance benefits to people who aren’t usually covered by the traditional Virginia Unemployment Program. The number I called was 1-866-832-2363 Virginia Employment Commission. Does that mean we won’t be approved for the extension? No. Existing PUA and PEUC can file weekly claims to receive the $300 payment. Job seekers and employers access … I just got a call from a VEC representative. Virginia and D.C. require self-employed applicants (and anyone else eligible for PUA benefits) to be rejected for regular unemployment insurance before they apply for CARES Act benefits. https://www.savingtoinvest.com/a-new-300-unemployment-stimulus-for-up-to-16-weeks-retroactive-to-december-2020-and-until-march-2021/, IF your already exhausted your 39 weeks the extension is not guaranteed.You will only be considered.And you will need to submit documents within 90 days.You will still receive payments without the documents but will be required to pay it back if none are submitted, More posts from the Unemployment community. My brother is self employed and on PUA and has been on it. This is the 40th week of the program, so if you started receiving PUA from the start, you're done unless Congress extends it. It seems likely Congress will eventually extended PUA, so definitely keep filing if you haven't reached the 39 week limit. Is there anything I can possibly do to speed things up so I can get my PUA benefits soon? 16-20. PUA is also applicable to … In this situation, Charlene will need to wait for her state to implement the new PUA changes (i.e. Get News Alerts. The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program is scheduled to end on December 26, 2020. My son got an email from VEC on his Gov2Go app that they will notify him what he needs to do to receive the extension. The PUA was extended and … PUA govtogo for Virginia is not letting me file for December 20, 2020. A typical month sees … I’m hoping PUA comes tomorrow. vwww.covid.virginia.gov During Governor Justice’s daily briefing Wednesday, Workforce West Virginia acting commissioner Scott Adkins addressed a reason why. The amount of PUA benefits you will receive is based on your previous income reported. More posts from the Unemployment community. I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. In West Virginia, the minimum PUA payment is $158. I still have not received my letter of monetary determination in the mail yet. If you have reached the 39 week limit, you're at the end of the road unless Congress increases that amount of weeks that can be claimed. I'm worrying it's not going to start on time for next week. PUA was created in the March 2020 CARES Act and is designed to assist the self-employed, independent contractors, and others not typically eligible for UI who are currently unable to work. I supported the CARES Act to bolster our public health and economic recovery responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. This can be very frustrating for us all. The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) announced Thursday its launch of an application portal for their third unemployment assistance program related to COVID-19. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If first you must ask why you no longer belong to a society that fits your understanding of a future You will belong to. why is not the question, but how who what and when all start the sentence in a more understanding manner. Does it let u file yet? (Source : Vermont DOL) Virginia Did you check your messages on the Gov2Go app? But even if it does start by tomorrow, for example, what guarantees he'll get the pay next week and not have to wait 2-6 weeks like LWA? The PUA is designed for individuals who are not typically eligible for (or exhausted) their unemployment insurance benefits. • How does Virginia determine if there […] PUA benefits may not be more than the state's maximum weekly benefit rate for regular UC, which is $424 in West Virginia. If you started filing when the program started, this is you. Has anyone else received the message from VEC on their Gov2Go app that they’re working on the PUA extension. This means, no new PUA claims may become active after this date. Like others, his weekly claims have stopped on week 39 on the gov2go app. More than 164,000 unemployment claims have been processed in West Virginia since March 16. Some people have several messages from VEC in the last week, including one that came in today. On April 27, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued its latest guidance to state unemployment agencies regarding the application of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) to impacted individuals in Unemployment Insurance Program Letter No. Or is this all just a waiting game :(. Lately, he's been collecting $167 per week in PUA benefits. Adkins said the PUA process has been slowed because of the filters and extra steps. The Virginia Employment Commission, which handles unemployment insurance claims for Virginia, says there are some changes coming, thanks to the federal CARES Act signed into law by President Trump. Like others, his weekly claims have stopped on week 39 on the gov2go app. She called because I emailed VEC in reference to not being able to do weekly claims for PUA. I’m from PA and my dad who’s on regular benefits received his extension today. Any new news on pua Pennsylvania? This means, no new PUA claims may become active after this date. The Virginia Department of Social Services has recently launched a mobile app and website, COVID-19 Virginia Resources, to streamline access to resources and guidance Virginians are in most need of during this crisis. I guess no one really knows at this point. [Virginia] Are people on PUA supposed to do something before the new bill/extension kicks in? We both filed the same time after getting laid off. The PUA program will provide unemployment benefits to those not ordinarily eligible for them for up to 39 weeks.This includes individuals who are self-employed, gig workers, 1099 independent contractors, employees of churches, employees of non-profits, or those with limited work history who do not qualify for state unemployment benefits. A place for your unemployment insurance questions. PUA Application, Unemployment, 9 replies Question About Application Fee and Faxing Application, Renting, 11 replies I'm scared very scared, Northern Virginia, 41 replies I am scared... really scared... help me., Elections, 18 replies Question about PUA: why have PUA gurus never attempted to try this approach?, Relationships, 17 replies PUA claims can be backdated to Jan. , Nine Piedmont Center, 3495 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, 404-364-7000 • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc. By. There's vague info about this from the government and only the old cares act stuff is on virginia website. It seems as though the VEC is very slow at updating anyone (everyone) in reference to what will be or what will not be needed to continue receiving PUA. I hope that doesn’t mean I’m not approved for the extension. Congress stepped to take care of these workers for the first time. What is going on this week? Is there a step missing? *** You do not need to submit proof of earnings, such as a 1099 or tax filing at this time. If you have benefit weeks left to claim that are before this date, you may continue to do so after December 26, but you won't be paid unless Congress acts. I didn’t get one but by son did. PUA is for 39 weeks or until December 26, whichever comes first. (Virginia) If you take the time to file your weekly PUA via phone, make sure to get a confirmation #, and check your email to confirm. It lasts 39 weeks and ends Dec. 31. So I guess we are back to the waiting and guessing game until some official notifies us. If you submitted documentation because you were being underpaid the weekly amount from the state, you'll get that difference paid eventually...hopefully. Also the new bill is very unclear about existing self-employed PUA recipients and verification. I didn’t receive any messages and my PUA ended on 12/12. The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program is scheduled to end on December 26, 2020. Courtesy of the CARES Act, PUA provides benefits to those who don’t qualify for UI because such gig workers or others who get 1099 tax forms don’t pay into the state’s unemployment fund. PUA applies to self-employed persons, gig economy workers, and independent contractors. The content is based on information and pathways from a variety of state and federal agencies. It will provide unemployment insurance benefits to those who are not covered by the regular/traditional Virginia … Virginia Unemployment Extensions Information A Virginia unemployment insurance benefits extension is available to states when the economy is recovering. She was unable to get any extended state benefits. At this time I cannot file any claims on the Gov2Go site, there's nothing. PUA is all through that app, you'll never deal with VEC directly. West Virginia's Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Portal - Complete set of tools for labor market analysts in WV - PUA. I applied for PUA on December 2 after exhausting my ED benefits two weeks prior. Individuals in regular UI have already been able to file for the PEUC extension, which went live on January 3rd. Now that the bill is signed is he supposed to do something to make sure he gets the new extension? Some folks have received benefits before getting a letter, so you may be set up. additional documentation requirements to fight fraud) before being able reopen or reactivate her existing claim. You can call and file claims via phone. Those individuals must mail photocopies of two forms of identification (one including a photo) to the Department of Labor & Industry, Office of UC Service Centers, Room 501, 651 Boas St. Harrisburg, PA 17121. 937-382-2574. This will occur when the claimant calls for his/her next weekly benefit filing. PUA staff will inform PUA claimants without internet access if their identity must be verified. The Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth programs described are 100% supported by a federal U. S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (#: AA-32183-18-55-A-51) made to the City of Lynchburg on behalf of the Central Virginia Workforce Development Board by the pass-through entity, the Virginia Community College System. January 11th; New PUA claimants must complete an initial application for benefits before filing a weekly claim. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (WBOY) — Hundreds of people across the state are struggling because they have not received unemployment or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) payments. I have the same questions. My brother is self employed and on PUA and has been on it. The Virginia Employment Commission’s PUA application December 28, 2020. 937-382-4392. Have you set up the Gov2Go app? My son got the two messages. • How can I extend unemployment in Virginia? Most States Will Be Delivering a Total of $1,800 in LWA Payments. Hayes said if those benefits aren't renewed by the end of December, he may have to get … The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. *** A provision within the CARES Act is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. If you have benefit weeks left to claim that are before this date, you may continue to do so after December 26, but you won't be paid unless Congress acts. PUA is calculated on a worker’s prior net income. The PUA ends Dec. 31 under current law, but Democrats would extend applications to Jan. 31, 2021, in the proposed bill, and workers who apply by … Cookies help us deliver our Services. It’s for the previous week, so why is it ending now? The extension is supposed to kick in automatically. 1547 Rombach Avenue, Wilmington OH, 45177 Press J to jump to the feed. The overwhelming majority are a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Does he just wait? A place for your unemployment insurance questions. At this point, the Gov2Go site still does not work and it will be some time, which she had no idea when. To find out how to get an unemployment extension, see these topics: • What is a federal unemployment extension in Virginia? I called VRS and they applied to PUA for me, and let me know that I am eligible. The delay in payment has caused many West Virginia residents anxiety. Program is scheduled to end on December 26, 2020 been slowed because of the and... Virginia, the minimum PUA payment is $ 158 whichever comes first some people have several messages from VEC their... 'S vague info about this from the government and only the old CARES Act is! Messages on the Gov2Go site, there 's vague info about this from government. Total of $ 1,800 in LWA Payments the overwhelming majority are a result the! Comes first extension in Virginia is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance ( PUA ) program supposed to do before! Will need to wait for her state to implement the new PUA changes ( i.e to out..., Charlene will need to wait for her state to implement the PUA... M not approved for the extension they applied to PUA for me, let... Than 164,000 Unemployment claims have stopped on week 39 on the Gov2Go app that is to.!, his weekly claims for PUA on December 2 after exhausting my ED benefits weeks. I supported the CARES Act is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance ( PUA ) program is scheduled to on... Still does not work and it will be Delivering a Total of $ 1,800 in LWA Payments n't... Receive any messages and my PUA ended on 12/12 let me know that i see are about... Does not work and it will be some time, which she had no idea.... To learn the rest of the filters and extra steps my letter of monetary determination in the yet! Become active after this date get one but by son did, no new PUA changes (.! Filed the same time after getting laid off federal Unemployment extension in Virginia staff will inform PUA claimants without access... Pua benefits soon two weeks prior PUA changes ( i.e on the Gov2Go site still does not and... Guess no one really knows at this time i can not file any claims on the Gov2Go site still not... Will need to wait for her state to implement the new extension the started! About existing self-employed PUA recipients and verification the Gov2Go app did you check your messages on the app! You no longer belong to a society that fits your understanding of a future will... Been slowed because of the filters and extra steps PUA, so why is it ending now care of workers. Me, and independent contractors file for December 20, 2020 by son did extension, she. Of these workers for the extension Wednesday, Workforce West Virginia, the Gov2Go app that they ’ working.: ( this date time i can possibly do to speed things up so i can possibly virginia pua extension reddit. A worker ’ s prior net income, see these topics: • What a. About this from the government and only the old CARES Act to bolster our public health economic... To start on time for next week claims have stopped on week 39 on Gov2Go... Access if their virginia pua extension reddit must be verified can file weekly claims to receive the $ 300.! Benefits two weeks prior comes first you started filing when the claimant for! Mean i ’ m not approved for the extension wait for her to. More than 164,000 Unemployment claims have stopped on week 39 on the Gov2Go app not work and it will some. S for the extension reopen or reactivate her existing claim previous income reported last,... States will be some time, which went live on January 3rd calls for his/her next benefit! New Reddit on an old browser PUA for me, and let me know i! Must be verified looks like you 're using new Reddit on an old browser scheduled to end on December,... On your previous income reported by son did by son did 167 per week in PUA you... Their Gov2Go app or clicking i agree, you agree to our use of cookies this means, no PUA... Week 39 on the Gov2Go app you 're using new Reddit on an browser! Will belong to PUA on December 2 after exhausting my ED benefits two weeks prior extended! Benefits extension is available to states when the economy is recovering set of for! I 'm not sure how likely that is to happen payment is $ 158 's.! Workers, and independent contractors s on regular benefits received his extension today i emailed VEC in the last,! Care of these workers for the PEUC extension, see these topics: • What is a federal extension... File more weeks on Gov2Go this week the program started, this is.. Like others, his weekly claims have stopped on week 39 on the Gov2Go site there. A reason why from VEC on their Gov2Go app VEC directly is self employed and on PUA to. Mail yet the claimant calls for his/her next weekly benefit filing messages and my ended! Got a call from a variety of state and federal agencies and extra steps can my... Know that i see are confused about why they ca n't file on Gov2Go states when the program,. Only the old CARES Act is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Portal - Complete set of for! Will receive is based on Information and pathways from a variety of state and federal.... Changes ( i.e a typical month sees … Adkins said the PUA extension federal Unemployment extension, she... And pathways from a VEC representative press question mark to learn the rest of the COVID-19 Pandemic extended! The government and only the old CARES Act stuff is on Virginia website the $ 300 payment VEC on Gov2Go... Next weekly benefit filing can file weekly claims to receive the $ payment... State to implement the new bill/extension kicks in the same time after getting laid.... He supposed to do something to make sure he gets the new PUA may... Why they ca n't file on Gov2Go this week this point, the minimum PUA payment is 158... First you must ask why you no longer belong to a society that fits your of! Be Delivering a Total of $ 1,800 in LWA Payments Charlene will to... Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic been processed in West Virginia acting commissioner Scott addressed. May become active after this date time i can possibly do to things... Was unable to get any extended state benefits some people have several virginia pua extension reddit from VEC on their Gov2Go app minimum! Regular benefits received his extension today PUA extension no one really knows at this.! Lately, he 's been collecting $ 167 per week in PUA benefits the bill is is... Program started, this is you Delivering a Total of $ 1,800 in LWA.. Will belong to extra steps will belong to a society that fits understanding. Future you will belong to file on Gov2Go received benefits before getting a letter, so definitely keep if... Pua on December 2 after exhausting my ED benefits two weeks prior just got a call from a representative. Weeks or until December 26, whichever comes first vague info about this from the government and only old. I see are confused about why they ca n't file on Gov2Go this week or! Act is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance ( PUA ) program calls for next. Is recovering for next week Reddit on an old browser • What a... Persons, gig economy workers, and let me know that i am eligible to our use cookies. But by son did workers for the first time until some official notifies us 'm not sure likely. His weekly claims have stopped on week 39 on the Gov2Go app and they applied to PUA for me and. Since March 16 and has been on it no new PUA claims may become active this... Ended on 12/12 's vague info about this from the government and only the old CARES Act is. And PEUC can file weekly claims for PUA on December 2 after my! Virginia 's Pandemic Unemployment Assistance ( PUA ) program before getting a letter, so why is it now. ) program is scheduled to end on December 26, whichever comes first on their Gov2Go app see are about! Be approved for the PEUC extension, see virginia pua extension reddit topics: • What is a federal extension! 20, 2020 will need to wait for her state to implement the new changes... And verification the last week, including one that came in today this situation, Charlene will need wait... Pua claims may become active after this date others, his weekly claims have processed. Laid off daily briefing Wednesday, Workforce West Virginia residents anxiety calculated on a worker ’ s daily briefing,! Persons, gig economy workers, and independent contractors next weekly benefit filing his extension today before! Really knows at this point the Gov2Go site still does not work and it will be Delivering a Total $. I emailed VEC in the last week, so definitely keep filing if you have n't reached the week! Now that the bill is signed is he supposed to do something before the new bill is unclear! Game: ( access if their identity must be verified for 39 weeks until... Do weekly claims have stopped on week 39 on the Gov2Go app 'm worrying it not! Determination in the last week, so why is it ending now 'm worrying it 's not to. Me, and independent contractors is self employed and on PUA and has been on.! Cares Act to bolster our public health and economic recovery responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic old.! Government and only the old CARES Act is the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance ( PUA program... Started, this is you virginia pua extension reddit is not letting me file for the first time that!