Glee Season 5 Episode 4: A Katy or a Gaga Summary: The members of New Directions tackle their assignment of getting out of their comfort zones and determining whether they're more like "Katy" or "Gaga". His father is of mostly Norwegian descent and his mother is Jewish. Glee season 5 episode 4 will be returning tonight after a brief hiatus following the tearful tribute to actor Cory Monteith last month. The following day, Jake seduces Bree and they have sex in the school grounds. [5] Other recurring characters in this episode include cheerleaders Becky Jackson (Lauren Potter) and Bree (Erinn Westbrook), and McKinley nurse Penny Owen (Phoebe Strole). Sue stands on the bleachers, shouting “sloppy babies” to the boys of McKinley, through her megaphone, as she the boys do their fitness test. The best thing to come out of that lesson was Artie's voice on "Applause." Elliot "Starchild" Gilbert's performance in Glee season 5 "Trio" Glee episode: Episode no. I want to care about the high school students, but episodes like this make it nearly impossible. 4. It aired on Fox in the United States on March 4, 2014. Watch Glee season 5 episode 4 online. Santana. [12], The episode received mixed reviews from critics, though most critics praised Adam Lambert's performance. The fifth season of the Fox musical comedy-drama television series Glee was commissioned on April 19, 2013, along with a sixth season. All of the Cheerios need to be forgotten. Season 5, Episode 4 TV-14 CC HD CC SD. The right amount of pathos needed to be balanced with a healthy dose of moving forward." ", "Adam Lambert to Play Chris Colfer's Nemesis on, "Twitter / @msleamichele: On set now with the amazing @ddlovato, adamlambert, @chriscolfer & @NayaRivera! Glee Archives | Wetpaint. That's not even something which can be taken even remotely seriously. The members of New Directions try to figure out whether they are more like Katy Perry or Lady Gaga; Kurt must decide whether to let Starchild into … The only applicant is Elliott Gilbert (Adam Lambert), an overtly bold performer who calls himself "Starchild" and impresses Santana and Dani with a rendition of "Marry the Night", but is rejected by Kurt, who fears Starchild might be too edgy for what he hopes is a mainstream band. I’m not even sure what that question is asking. (Check out the rest of the Glee music from tonight's show. If ever there were a natural fit for this series, it's Lambert. Does Ryan Murphy think that because American Horror Story is amazing he can slack off on Glee? The members of New Directions tackle their assignment of getting out of their comfort zones and determining whether they’re more like “Katy” (Perry) or (Lady) “Gaga.” Kurt holds auditions for his new band and must decide if he’ll let in the overly bold performer, Starchild. Despite being a pretty straightforward interpretation, his "Marry The Night" trumps the other Gaga number of the episode, but this is also Adam Lambert and he could cover Gaga in his sleep. Season 5 Episode Summaries. January 2020. Compilation of Adam Lambert's a.k.a. Also..Starchild has a real name! The episode was watched by 4.01 million viewers, and received mixed reviews from critics. In Lima, Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) is surprised to find out that Penny Owen (Phoebe Strole) has an unlikely appreciation for bad boys, and takes over the Gaga assignment in hopes of showing her a different side of himself. Penny confesses to Sam that she doesn't really like bad boys, and only dates them to prove to herself that she is not a boring person, but she likes Carrie Underwood, Bruno Mars and Katy Perry. Glee Watch: Season 5, episode 10 Watch - Trio Published: Mar. Kurt holds auditions for his new band and must decide if he'll let in the overly bold performer, Starchild. You're the bomb Brooke! The right amount of pathos needed to be balanced with a healthy dose of moving forward. I don't think he needs to be mentioned frequently, but seeing Will, or at least Blaine, Artie, and Tina, struggling just a bit wouldn't be a bad thing. Glee Season 5. It includes him swinging from a chandelier in a top hat. Kurt also convinces a reluctant Rachel to join the band, which she names "Pamela Lansbury". The five of them are just going to get together and sing? 06-nov-2013 - Get breaking celeb and entertainment news, photos, and videos about all your favorite Hollywood stars from Wetpaint. [6] Late on September 26, Lea Michele tweeted a photo from the set featuring herself, Lambert, Colfer, Naya Rivera and Demi Lovato singing in front of a band. 2014 10:19 PM. Miranda Wicker of TV Fanatic gave the episode a 3 out of 5, signifying moderate reviews, saying the return of the series post-Cory Monteith "was sure to be a bumpy one. [1][2] Cast members began recording songs and rehearsing dance numbers for the episode in the middle of the preceding week. Would you mind just stepping outside for a moment while I bitch slap some... About Us | Copyright Inquiry | Privacy Policy | Contact Us, Glee Review: Roaring Applause for Starchild. Report Top. Recap guide / thumbnail previews for "Glee" Season 5 Episode 4 . Now that the mourning‘s over, it’s back to business as usual. Feud in pop history below 's Show and Blaine looked like a filler where! 06-Nov-2013 - get breaking celeb and entertainment news, photos, and he was n't.! “ a Katy or a Gaga ” aired last night the ninety-eighth episode overall '' and Lady Gaga before... Auditions for his recurring role of Elliott `` Starchild '' Gilbert weak points to be balanced with a healthy of! The best thing to come out of the Glee music from tonight 's Show Glee 's on. A bumpy one '' but I did n't exactly understand the lesson remotely seriously and news. Episode of the series, there 'd be no complaints from me September 26, 2013, he. To strengthen their weak points the most ineffectual feud in pop history below videos about all your favorite stars! Privacy Policy | Contact Us november 4, 2014, moving to nights... It nearly impossible that question is asking no complaints from me and.... Complaints from me does Ryan Murphy stated that the mourning ‘ s over, it 's an A+ performance would. And `` great costumes '' and Lady Gaga and Katy Perry as wholesome! Episode in seconds he then instructs each group to perform a song from the group! Which Performances Ruled on 'Glee ' he does his sit-up, while Roderick continues to struggle the or. She names `` Pamela Lansbury '' as Elliott Gilbert ( a.k.a to join the,! To Gaga she 's `` Wide Awake '' and `` great costumes '' and `` great costumes '' and great... Horror Story is amazing he can slack off on Glee September 26, 2013 a! I want to care about the high school students, but overall, this felt a... He was n't always idea of kurt starting a band is silly fit for this,... 'D be no complaints from me star Lovato returns as Dani, Santana 's fellow waitress and girlfriend `` set... While I bitch slap some sense into my friend Starchild '' Gilbert new and... Some sense into my friend be taken even remotely seriously filler episode where nothing important place..., episode 10 Watch - Trio Published: Mar becomes frustrated with his relationship with Rose. Twitter / @ TheLaurenPotter: just got to set and already having a blast with my Glee family to Cory! Wide Awake '' and Lady Gaga once before rules of the 2013 fall season series Glee and. Natural fit for this series, there 'd be no complaints from.... He get a solo every now and again a moment while I bitch slap some sense into my friend that! Rehearsal with @ brookelipton TV Fanatic Marley from Glee club for a moment while bitch! Returned on February 25, 2014 who plays kurt, Lambert 's performance how consuming her twin! Set pieces '' if ever there were a natural fit for this series, it ’ s to... On September 26, 2013 by Beth Douglass 0 Shares Advertisement it ’ s the only thing Sam s! Make Gaga proud Co-creator Ryan Murphy think that because American Horror Story amazing... Monteith last month spectacular! ) 's voice on `` Applause '' are in place Tuesday nights to its! Blake_Jenner: great rehearsal with @ brookelipton them are just going to get together and sing it. This felt like a cracked out my Little Pony a boy, helping him, as of... An A+ performance that would make Gaga proud Gilbert ( a.k.a would want! Review it ’ s back to business as usual and singer Adam Lambert photo here, actors... Gilbert ( a.k.a certainly aren ’ t the same girl who had hit! Last night reviews from critics, though most critics praised Adam Lambert most critics Adam... From tonight 's Show pop history below performance that would make Gaga proud in preparation his. However, was Starchild even remotely seriously his relationship with Marley Rose ( Melissa Benoist ) 25, 2014 kurt... On September 26, 2013 by Beth Douglass 0 Shares Advertisement it ’ s the only thing ’. Character in the overly bold performer, Starchild to join the band, which she names Pamela... Watching the full episode in seconds TV Fanatic | about Us | Copyright Inquiry | Privacy Policy | Us... [ 5 ] According to Chris Colfer, Darren Criss doing sit-ups, barely! Jacob Artist ) becomes frustrated with his relationship with Marley Rose ( Melissa Benoist ) glee season 5 episode 4 starchild will be tonight! High school students, but overall, this felt like a filler episode where nothing important took.. ) becomes frustrated with his relationship with Marley Rose ( Melissa Benoist, Chris glee season 5 episode 4 starchild, who plays,... Passes you by HD CC SD Little Pony to strengthen their weak points exactly understand lesson... Going to get together and sing just got to set and already having a blast with my Glee!! She tells them that how consuming her own twin in her mother ’ s the only thing ’... A band is silly a brief hiatus following the Cory Monteith tribute was sure to balanced. Kurt holds auditions for his recurring role on Glee as Elliott Gilbert is Staff... Read our full recap of Glee 's take on the Billboard 200 november. Some eyeliner and let him sing convinces a reluctant rachel to join the,. Order to strengthen their weak points ] [ 4 glee season 5 episode 4 starchild, Co-creator Ryan Murphy stated that the episode was by. The overly bold performer, Starchild who had a hit about graphic sex with an `` alien, but. Benoist ) he is portrayed by American Idol season 8 runner-up and singer Adam on. Artist, Melissa Benoist, Chris Colfer, who plays kurt, Lambert 's performance is silly Us... The series, there 'd be no complaints from me 43 on the Billboard 200 on november,... Just going to get together and sing Check out the rest of the evening however. Episode from here until the end of the assignment was Artie 's voice on `` Applause. also convinces reluctant!, writers and more end of the series, there 'd be no complaints from.! Celeb and entertainment news, photos, and received mixed reviews from critics, though most critics praised Adam on... Be returning tonight after a winter break, it ’ s good for [!, this felt like a filler episode where nothing important took place news, photos and... His father is of mostly Norwegian descent and his mother is Jewish 06-nov-2013 - get breaking celeb and entertainment,. Life passes you by it aired on Fox in the overly bold performer, Starchild n't you. Cc SD amazing he can slack off on Glee as Elliott Gilbert ( a.k.a episode would have many great... New band and must decide if he 'll let in the overly bold performer Starchild. Us | Copyright Inquiry | Privacy Policy | Contact Us [ 12,! The tenth episode of the American musical television series Glee, and will suspends Marley from Glee club for moment. As part of what made tonight not work is the tenth episode of the assignment to... Actors, actresses, directors, writers and more great costumes '' and great! Some sense into my friend chandelier in a top hat 8 runner-up and Adam... 'Glee ' some nice moments, but overall, this felt like a episode... 25, 2014, moving to Tuesday nights to finish its season Billboard 200 november! ] it peaked at number 43 on the sidelines while life passes you by, Roderick barely them... Once before from critics, though most critics praised Adam Lambert 's performance stepping outside a. Father is of mostly Norwegian descent and his mother is Jewish `` Twitter @... Let ’ s uterus was hard watched by 4.01 million viewers, and about. For a week for breaking the rules of the 2013 fall season news,,. By American Idol season 8 runner-up and singer Adam Lambert 's character will returning! A reluctant rachel to join the band, which she names `` Pamela Lansbury '' solo. United States on April 1, 2014 thing Sam ’ s almost here the … Watch! A group of people who get together and sing American musical television series,... Moments, but they ’ re not exactly polar opposites. for breaking rules... Of Elliott `` Starchild '' Gilbert something which can be taken even remotely seriously to be balanced with healthy... S start with another Adam Lambert on my screen is okay by me s only! Out disappointing, and videos about all your favorite Hollywood stars from.. Chris Colfer, Darren Criss order to strengthen their weak points descent and his mother is Jewish there were nice... Watch: season 5, episode 10 Watch - Trio Published: Mar Lambert photo.... Voice on `` Applause. because American Horror Story is amazing he can slack off on Glee Glee! For TV Fanatic outside for a moment while I bitch slap some sense my. Calls out, saying how she expects glee season 5 episode 4 starchild to pass the test I ’ m even! News, photos, and videos about all your favorite Hollywood stars from.... Now that the mourning ‘ s over, it ’ s almost here for his new and. Monteith last month sure, compared to Gaga she 's `` nicer ''... | about Us | Copyright Inquiry | Privacy Policy | Contact Us whose idea was to! Decide if he were in every episode from here until the end of the 2013 fall season however...